Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Power of Appreciation!!

I hold the curative powers of appreciation in very high esteem. A genuine phrase, glance or gesture of appreciation can turn even a very bitter and sarcastic mood to a positive and optimistic one. A smile always begets a smile, is what I have seen.

By genuine I mean that a conscious effort needs to be made to find out a streak or aspect ( maybe in the way of looks or nature) in another individual, which deserves appreciation. This repititive conscious effort to look for good in others will make us a positive person, which is no mean gift. and this in turn will help us in finding the goodness which is already everywhere around us.

What about the ugliness then, our cynical and practical mind bounces back to ask. The answer, according to my realizations, is that, everything is there in a platter before us - the good, bad and the ugly, and it for us to pick and choose. Everything is as we behold and perceive.





2 comments:

  1. very true...i've also observed tht appreciation does wonders.

    how abt visiting my blog n leaving an appreciative comment? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if
    you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    my site - win back her love [en.wikipedia.org]

    ReplyDelete

Till Death Do Us Part

The faint glow of the setting sun glistened on the ripples of the Jhelum, as the ripples moves away one by one. The wind coming from the ...